- Handmade solid cherry hardwood cremation urn
- Laser inscription available on the long side. Just pick your font and fill in the box and I will send you a rendering of what it will look like to make changes or approve after you have placed the order.
- Image of Jesus our Shepherd surrounded by an ornate border on top
- Beaded corners with molded edges
- Adult Size outside measures 7 1/4" wide x 11 1/4" long x 5 1/2" high
- Adult Size interior measures 5" wide x 9" long x 4 1/2" high
- Adult Size holds 200 cubic inches of ashes
- Companion Size Exterior Measures 9.25" wide x 14.25" long x 6" high
- Companion Size Interior Measures 7" wide x 12" long x 5" high
- Companion Size Holds 420 cubic inches of ashes
- Made in the USA from domestic materials
- Easy opening bottom with four philips head screws for easy filling
- Durable lacquer finish with glaze to highlight the details
- Items vary slightly due to differences in pieces of wood used
This exquisite, handcrafted urn is the perfect final resting place for your loved one’s ashes. The gorgeous cherry hardwood is beautiful with varied grain and unique figure and depth. The semi-gloss lacquer finish covers a glaze that highlights the fine details of the lovely carvings. This is meticulously made in the USA, and a product built and designed by me in St. Joseph, Missouri, from domestic hardwoods locally sourced and responsibly managed. The designs are unique and elegant, worthy for placement of your loved one. These urns are an excellent alternative for those who desire the quality of a solid hardwood handcrafted item, not a mass-produced import. This urn is sized large enough for an adult weighing 200 lbs. The bottom comes off with just four philips head screws making it super easy to fill, and tightly sealed once it is. Nothing needs to be done to take care of the beautiful, lacquered finish, except to dust as needed. If you have any questions or concerns, please message me and I will get back to you quickly.
- CONSTRUCTION DETAILS:
o This hardwood cherry urn for human ashes has carvings on the front, the sides and the top. The top has a beautiful carving of Jesus our Shepherd surrounded by a reed and acanthus leaf oval and decorative flourishes. It is finished with stain, shellac, glaze and top coated with semi gloss lacquer.
- CUSTOMIZATION DETAILS:
o It is also customizable with a laser inscribed inscription on the side panel for a beautiful, personalized epitaph. You can have it in your choice of three different fonts that you can see in the listing pictures.
- SIZE AND STORAGE CAPACITY
o The urn is large enough to accommodate the ashes of most adults. It opens from the bottom with four screws and is easily secured after placement of the ashes. The ashes do not need to be removed from the bag from the funeral home.
o The Jesus our Shepherd Urn Measures 5 1/2" high x 7 1/4" wide x 11 1/4" long at the base and holds 200 cubic inches of ashes.
o In general, when sizing an urn, you need one cubic inch of space for every pound a person weighed. There is a companion size available that is large enough to accommodate two people.
- HANDMADE IN MISSOURI, NOT IMPORTED
o Every urn I sell is designed and constructed personally by me. Most of the urns available, even on ETSY and Amazon Handmade, are imports from India or China. While they offer a lower price, their quality is much lower than a domestically produced urn. This urn is entirely constructed of domestically grown solid cherry hardwood and locally milled in Kansas City.
- SHIPPING AND PROCESSING
o I have a processing time of 1 - 3 days before I ship. I ship UPS ground for free.
- PLEASE CONTACT ME WITH ANY CONCERNS YOU HAVE
o If you have any concerns or questions about size requirements, color, shipping and processing time or anything else please feel free to message me.
o If understand that much of the time there is a tight timeframe before a funeral, so please let me know what your timing needs are.
o I respond quickly to messages and want you to be completely confident in your purchase.